OccupySF Outreach Committee Meetings Resume
September 4, 2013
Wednesday Evenings at 7:00 P.M.
U.S. Post Office, Rincon Annex (near the inside fountain)
101 Spear Street (corner of Spear and Mission Sts.)
- Action Council: 5 Additional Announcements — April 21 to April 25
- Earth Day special: “A Fierce Green Fire” to be shown tonight on KQED at 9pm
- President Ólafur Grímsson on Iceland’s fast recovery from the economic crisis
- Action Council Events — April 21 to April 28
- Occupy Forum in Berkeley . . . Nomi Prins: “All the Presidents’ Bankers” on Monday, April 21 (click on icon to enlarge)
- Editorial: “Poverty and Hunger is selective…” by Bob of Occupy
- Link to Strike Debt Radio, Show #6, on “The FED”
- Action Council Events — April 14 to April 28
- “Where Do You Go When It Rains?” — the Albany Bulb
- Action Council endorses People’s Park Occupation — April 27
Five Upcoming Events
- Events on April 23, 2014Code Pink Weekly Peace VigilStarts: 5:30 pmEnds: April 23, 2014 - 6:30 pmLocation: Market St. & Montgomery BART/Muni Station -- on steps below Feinstein’s office SFDescription: We’ll be on Market Street on the steps below Feinstein’s office at Montgomery and Market,
directly above the Montgomery BART/Muni station. RAIN CANCELS
Feel free to bring your own signage, flyers, items for the altar to child drone victims, ideas for future vigils … FLY KITES, NOT DRONES!
Stand with us and the huge PEACE Banner! Everyone welcome!
- Events on April 23, 2014OccupySF Outreach GroupStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: April 23, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: 121 Spear St., San FranciscoDescription: Wednesdays at 7pm at One Rincon Center (121 Spear St) near the indoor waterfall.
- Events on April 24, 2014Forum on Money and Politics at UC Berkeley!Starts: 7:00 pmEnds: April 24, 2014 - 9:00 pmLocation: UC Berkeley Faculty Club, 1 Faculty Club, Berkeley, CA Description: Join us for a panel discussion exploring recent developments that have opened the floodgates to money in our political system and what we can do, including amending the constitution, to build a truly equitable democracy. Local leaders will connect this somewhat abstract national issue to community concerns.
Hosted by: Common Cause Berkeley and Money Out/Voters In
Tickets: $20 for General Public, $10 for Seniors, Veterans, and Disabled, FREE for Students. No one turned away for lack of funds.
- Events on April 25, 2014Mutiny Radio with Diamond DaveStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: April 25, 2014 - 6:00 pmLocation: 2781 21 St., San Francisco, CA (the corner of 21st and Florida)Description: 3p-6p: The Common Thread Collective with Diamond Dave. Listen Live: http://pcrcollective.org/?page_id=173
- Events on April 26, 2014Strike Debt monthly meetingStarts: 3:00 pmEnds: April 26, 2014 - 5:30 pmLocation: Oscar Grant Plaza amphitheater, Broadway and 14th Street, Oakland, CA 94612Description: Join Strike Debt Bay Area in working on some exciting projects locally and nationally to fight unjust debt.
– The latest on our coalition efforts to Save the Berkeley Post Office and fight the privatization of our commons.
– The latest on our efforts to help Richmond and NGO allies push for principal reduction for Richmond’s homeowners. Read two articles here and here, written by two Strike Debt Bay Area members on the Richmond principal reduction / eminent domain case.
In addition, we are exploring the use of a public bank to help Richmond, CA and other communities escape the thrall of Wall Street.
- Work on our radio segment on KPFA
– Other projects include efforts to fight against student debt in conjunction with peeps at UC Cal via a Strike Debt UC Berkeley chapter of Strike Debt, a book group with semi-weekly discussions, investigations into the legitimacy of mortgage ownership and therefore the right to foreclose, efforts to thwart payday loan usury and more.