In this final episode, Mishal Husain (Pakistani origin) explores the dramatic last years of Gandhi’s life, which culminated in his death by an assassin’s bullet. She gets to the bottom of an enduring mystery – why is Gandhi revered as Father of the Nation, when India turned its back on Gandhi’s blueprint for the country? In the final episode, Mishal retraces Gandhi’s visit to England in 1931 and uncovers evidence that Gandhi may have unwittingly contributed to the eventual partition of India. Newsreel footage from the time captures Gandhi meeting the people of Lancashire and London’s East End, and Tony Benn recalls meeting him as a six-year-old boy. Sixteen years later India is free, but by then Gandhi is a broken man: sidelined from the centre of power and devastated by partition and the horrific violence that independence brings. But it is Gandhi’s darkest hour that finally brings his greatest triumph. This documentary is telecasted in BBC around Gandhi Jayanthi year 2009. It’s one of the best and reasonable effort to find imperfection in Gandhi.
- Hong Kong “Occupy Central” Protests Call for Political Freedom After China Rejects Open Elections (via democracynow.org)
- Action Council Events — September 2 to September 15
- STOP URBAN SHIELD IN OAKLAND!
- Ralph Nader speaks on the steps of the Berkeley Downtown Post Office on July 29, 2014 (via Strike Debt Bay Area)
- San Francisco 99% Coalition Meeting on Tuesday, September 2
- Jail time for a squatter? Criminalizing Homelessness: One occu-warrior’s battle with gentrification
- “Day 50 of the Occupation of Staples Berkeley” by Mike Zint
- “Who’s Taking Over?” YouTube video of the “Battle in Seattle” by Peter Drekmeier
- Take Action: Don’t Let Israel Get Away with Gaza Massacre
- Action Council Events — August 26 to September 6
Upcoming EventsSep3Wed201411:30 am Outreach at 101 MarketOutreach at 101 MarketSep 3 @ 11:30 am – 1:30 pmHanding out Occupy literature in front of Federal Reserve Bank at 101 Market Street in San Francisco Tuesdays thru Fridays. Follow5:30 pm Code Pink Weekly Peace VigilCode Pink Weekly Peace VigilSep 3 @ 5:30 pm – 6:30 pmWe’ll be on Market Street on the steps below Feinstein’s office at Montgomery and Market, directly above the Montgomery BART/Muni station. RAIN CANCELS Feel free to bring your own signage, flyers, items for the altar to child drone victims, ideas for future vigils … FLY KITES, NOT DRONES! Stand with … Continue reading →Sep4Thu2014Sep5Fri20143:00 pm Mutiny Radio with Diamond DaveMutiny Radio with Diamond DaveSep 5 @ 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm3p-6p: The Common Thread Collective with Diamond Dave. Listen Live: http://pcrcollective.org/?page_id=173 Follow4:00 pm STOP Urban Shield in Oakland!STOP Urban Shield in Oakland!Sep 5 @ 4:00 pm – Sep 5 @ 6:00 pmCome to the Rally & Noise Demo Endorsed by the OSF Action Council on Sun31Aug2014 http://occupyactionsf.org/2014/09/stop-urban-shield-in-oakland Follow8:00 pm Pamtastic’s Comedy Clubhouse on ...Pamtastic’s Comedy Clubhouse on ...Sep 5 @ 8:00 pm – 11:00 pmPamtastic’s Comedy Clubhouse on Mutiny Radio. Live Every Friday 8 – 11 pm. BYOB! Visit Pam’s facebook page: Pamtastic Follow8:00 pm PunkBoyInSF Radio ShowPunkBoyInSF Radio ShowSep 5 @ 8:00 pm – 10:00 pmPunkBoyInSF Radio Show (WakeDaFuqUp Radio) airs most Friday nights from 8-10pm pacific. Call in when on air! Join the conversation at (646) 787 – 8423 If show is live click here to listen. Show archive: http://punkboyinsf.org/showarchive/ Pod Cast Donations: http://www.patreon.com/WakeDaFuqUp Follow