If you need to contact OccupySF please go to facebook.com/OccupySF, twitter.com/OccupySF, or email@example.com.
Presence at 101 Market Street, San Francisco, Tuesdays thru Fridays from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm.
The Koch Brothers – Vanilla Takes a Stand
My name is Robin Goodrow. I’m an Emmy award winning writer/puppeteer from Northern California. I recently heard that 90 million Americans are not voting in this election and I decided, in my own way, to reach out to them. I created a short five minute YouTube video with my puppet Vanilla, a four-year-old monkey to encourage undecideds and young voters to vote and also expose them to the Koch Brothers and their blatant racist ways. It’s amazing how many people have never heard of the Kochs. Or think Charles and David have something to do with Coca Cola. The companies these brothers own earn 100 billion dollars A YEAR in revenues, but unfortunately their behavior is very destructive and greedy. They are the second wealthiest men in America and Romney’s biggest supporters.
This from Robert F. Kennedy Jr. October 29th, 2012. “Karl Rove and the Enron grifter Ed Gillespie, have assembled $200 million from big polluters and Wall Street moguls to buy the 2012 election. Two of the Koch Brothers pledged $130 million to elect candidates who favor unrestrained corporate profiteering. The senators and congressmen they fund represent Koch and it’s oil industry cronies, Big Pharma, and the Wall Street banksters currently mounting a hostile takeover of our government.”
Below is the direct link to the Vanilla Video. Vanilla is from my children’s television show, BUSTER AND ME (Busterandme.com) which aired for 20 years in Northern California on NBC. This short YouTube video however is NOT for young children. Vanilla gets a little feisty, a real rabble rouser. Actually she’s not nice or polite, and who can blame her, when it comes to the issue of racism and damaging people’s lives and health through corporate greed, Vanilla definitely speaks her mind. But when you think of what she could have said, she is very tame!! Here’s the URL…
Another way to get there is to go to YouTube and type in The Koch Brothers – Vanilla takes a Stand
At the VERY end of the video is an amazing, and disturbing quote from Charles Koch. The nauseating arrogance!
As Noam Chompsky recently said, “The Republican organization is extremely DANGEROUS, not just to this country, but to the world. It’s worth expending some effort to prevent their rise to power, without sowing illusions about the Democratic alternatives.”
So this is my effort. I figured, as Michael Moore recently stated, if I can reach one or two people and get them to vote, that’s a good thing. For those who are considering not voting, believe me I have my list of complaints too, major ones, but these are serious times and the Koch brothers and their fellow GOP criminal cronies are serious people with BIG PLANS. Just think of Bush and the illegal invasion of Iraq.
Thank you reading this. If you feel so inclined please share Vanilla with others in the vast Internet universe. She’s been told she’s “changed a few minds”, brought “real joy” to many people and “boosted morale”. We CAN still win this thing. Thank you for all your hard work and fighting the good fight. Wishing you and your staff all the best.
Robin and Vanilla (The Hundredth Monkey)
dob 10/08/49 Detroit, SFCA since 1982, USMC combat vet
X-Con, envolved in Cold War, diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic , know now much more, about the nature of my fellow man, I’ve been persecuted for refusing to play ball
I am now strung out on dope homeless and ready to relate my experience. In the interest of justice, as they say.
I’m rising up.
Can I ask why I was blocked and deleted from your facebook page for voicing an opinion and strategy option you guys seem to ignore? This is really not in the spirit of OWS at all. Silencing folks who have ideas about how to get to the right place is the tactic of small minds and fascist ideology. Are you Occupy, or are you just like all the others? Geesh. God forbid you should be asked to consider or think.
OCCUPY/WNC wants to get Occupy Nation-wide to engage the Federal Reserve Bank governors. There is solid information that the FED has the right to invest in Main Street as well as in Wall Street. William Greider’s “The Fed and the Silence of the Left” (Nov. 26,201 -) in The Nation magazine) speaks authoritatively on facts that progressives need to push the feds…he gives email addresses as well as contact info to Ben Bernanke himself. CONTACT THE FEDERAL BANK GOVERNORS, he cries! Our Occupy monetary/financial working group wants to get national occupy organized to do just this. The Fed Bank has in its jurisdiction the right to invest in infrastructure, remodeling mortgages, investing in the community banks — as opposed to the TBTFail oligarchs.
Someone from Occupy SF get back either to:
Lucy Christopher OR, Allen Lomax
To all fellow occupyers there is much more to protest and i belive the time has come to rally once more my name is amp i was in occupy of 2011 through the rain through the raids and through me illled by carbon monoixed poisening and brochidios but theres much more to be done….Iv lost one friend and another in the process by loosing ones trust and loosing another in araid to her it was trust or something else.either way its not enough i would like to reactive and currently gather intel and more.Funny thing i was a peacekeeper at that time using a canavase to cover my identity and with further due i must ask one thing may i coem out of the shadows after al0ong 21 years?
Would you please also post the Immigrants Rights March?
Hi, please email me firstname.lastname@example.org I am trying to make contact with internet communications and or social media, I am displaced from Occupy Seattle’s ICT. website and Social Media network, International Occupy Social Media…
looking to volunteer but can’t seem to figure out who to contact about it.
To me action as the guest is interesting to take part on ours if it is possible for further development on social partnership!
I wait from you for the response!
For official correspondences and discussion of details!
Breaking OBAMA (R-1%-CHI) Administration Assassinated “Ñ,” Godfather of Occupy Wall Street! – DO NOT LET OBAMA (R-1%-CHI) AssassinatE the “Ñ” Revolution! – FENCED OUT Immigration Reform Deal Neglects Thousands – ‘Repeal OBAMA (R-1%-CHI), RICE (R-1%-Cayman Islands), AG HOLDER (R-1%-Cayman Islands) Voting Rights Act An Embedded Form Of Racial Preferments!’ – OBAMA (R-1%-CHI), SENATE (R-1%-Cayman Islands) SAVES CORPORATE AIRPORTS, SAVES 1% PRESIDENTIAL LIBRARIES, KILLS CHILDREN HEAD START, KILLS SENIORS MEALS ON WHEELS, KILLS CANCER PATIENTS, KILLS DISABLED AMERICANS! – Joy Reid & Dana Milbank Don’t Care if CPI Cuts Screw Over Seniors! – Nancy Pelosi Social Security CPI Cut Protest In San Francisco! – Milbank Call AARP, Veterans, and Seniors ‘NUT CASES’ for Opposing CPI Cut! – Robert Reich: ‘CPI Will Screw Over Seniors’! – Barack Obama (R-1%-CHI) Gross Lying Corporate Pig Thief in Chief – Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) $600 Chained CPI Cut to Your Social Security Trust – Repeal Barack Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Voting Rights Act – Boycott Chris Matthews (R-1%-Cayman Islands) Hardball – Barack Obama (R-1%-CHI) Hate’s Impoverished People, Seniors – Barack Obama (R-1%-CHI) Hate’s Impoverished People, Older American’s, and Disabled Veterans – Barack Obama’s Legacy: Monsterous Monsanto Genetically Modified Food (GMO), ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN Tar Sands Oil, $ 600 Chained CPI Cut to Your Social Security Trust, American Drone Assassinations, Class War, Murder, Death, Destruction & Sanquinary War! – Barack Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Class War – US homeless numbers expected to rise as Barack Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) spending cuts deepen!
- FENCED OUT Immigration Reform Deal Neglects Thousands
FENCED OUT Immigration Reform Deal Neglects Thousands
- Repeal Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Embedded Racial Preferments!
- Repeal the Voting Rights Act! – Voting Rights Act A Form Of Racial Preferment!
- Voting Rights Act An Embedded Form Of Racial Preferment!
- Barack Obama (R-1%-CHI) Gross Lying Corporate Pig in Chief – Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) $600 Chained CPI Cut to Your Social Security Trust
- Repeal Barack Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Voting Rights Act!
- “Whenever a society adopts racial entitlements, it is very difficult to get out of them through the normal political processes,” Scalia said. “Even the name of it is wonderful, the Voting Rights Act. Who’s going to vote against that?” – The Honorable Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
- Deport Barack Obama (R-1%-CHI) Gross Lying Corporate Pig (Cocinó) Thief in Chief!
- “Dime con quién andas con, y te diré quién eres.” ““tell me who you walk with, and i’ll tell you who you are.””
- Nancy Pelosi Social Security CPI Cut Protest In San Francisco Urges Minority Leader Not To Cut Social Security, Medicare, MediCaid!
- SENATE SAVES CORPORATE AIRPORTS, KILLS CHILDREN HEAD START, KILLS SENIORS MEALS ON WHEELS, KILLS CANCER PATIENTS!
- 1% Ruling Class Family Former Presidents & 1% Ruling Class Family Presidential Libraries Combined Cost U.S. Taxpayers Trillions!
- Call your U.S. Senators and your Congressional Representative to say “Cut the trillions in costs to U.S. Taxpayers for 1% Ruling Class Family Former Presidents & 1% Ruling Class Family Presidential Libraries Combined Cost”!
- Call President Obama at the White House comment line 202-456-1111 or the switchboard 202-456-1414.
- Call your U.S. Senators and your Congressional Representative at 1-888-659-9401.
Former presidents cost U.S. taxpayers big bucks; tab from 1977 to 2000 is pegged at $370 million
A monumental burden: U.S. presidential libraries Soaring cost to taxpayers becomes an issue
FAA Furloughs: Senate Reaches Deal To Avoid Air Traffic Delays
- MSNBC’s The Grio’s Joy Reid & The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank Call Seniors ‘NUT CASES’ for Opposing SS CPI Cut!
- MSNBC’s The Grio’s Joy Reid & The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank Call To Screw Over Seniors With CPI
- We Dare You To Look At This And Tell Us Chained CPI Isn’t A Social Security Cut!
- Robert Reich: Everything You Need to Know About How Chained CPI Will Screw Over Seniors
Robert Reich: Everything You Need to Know About How Chained CPI Will Screw Over Seniors
The former secretary of labor explains why Social Security cuts could prove disastrous.
We Dare You To Look At This And Tell Us Chained CPI Isn’t A Social Security Cut
The data speaks for itself.
- Boycott Chris Matthews (R-1%-Cayman Islands) Hardball
- Barack Obama (R-1%-CHI) Hate’s Impoverished People, Older American’s, and Disabled Veterans!
- Obama (R-1%-CHI) Gross Lying Corporate Pig In Chief
- Barack Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Legacy: Monsterous Monsanto Genetically Modified Food (GMO), ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN Tar Sands Oil, $ 600 Chained CPI Cut to Your Social Security Trust, American Drone Assassinations, Murder, Death & Destruction
- Barack Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Class War
- US homeless numbers expected to rise as spending cuts deepen
US homeless numbers expected to rise as spending cuts deepen
More than 630,000 Americans currently homeless, figures show, but fears grow that $85bn cuts will make problem even worse
Class divisions in SF (sorta)
Richard Florida, who got famous creating the “creative class,” has a new series of maps out charting class structure in American cities — not on the basis of income or wealth but on the type of work people do. Sfist has a nice copy of the San Francisco version here. It shows, on the surface, that this city has virtually no “working class,” some “service class” and lots of “creative class.”Read more »
- Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Chained CPI Cut to Social Security “Unconscionable”
- Sign the Petition – Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Really Bad Idea: Chained CPI is a Cut to Social Security
- Obama (R-1%-CHI) Grants Chained CPI Social Security Benefit Cut!
- Obama (R-1%-CHI)Betrays America’s Trust!
- Obama (R-1%-CHI) To Cut Social Security Despite His & Biden (R-1%-DE) Promise not to!
- Chained CPI is a Benefit Cut! – Take Action!
- Chained CPI is a Benefit Cut!
- Sen. Bernie Sanders: Obama’s Chained CPI Social Security Benefit Cut A ‘Bitter Disappointment’
- AFL-CIO: Obama Budget Proposal Cuts Are “Unconscionable”
- Obama’s Really Bad Idea: Chained CPI is a Cut to Social Security – Sign the Petition
STATEMENT BY SENATOR BERNARD SANDERS ON THE CHAINED-CPI
2013 Federal Poverty Guidelines – Families USA
Obama’s Really Bad Idea: Chained CPI is a Cut to Social Security – Sign the Petition
Sign the Petition – Obama’s Really Bad Idea: Chained CPI is a Cut to Social Security
- The “Chained CPI”: Why It’s Bad for Social Security and Why the White House Shouldn’t Be Touting It
- The Honorable Senator Bernie Sanders: ‘A Bitter Disappointment’
The Honorable Senator Bernie Sanders: ‘A Bitter Disappointment’
Sanders says he’ll block proposed cuts to benefits for seniors, veterans Apr 5, 2013
The “Chained CPI”: Why It’s Bad for Social Security and Why the White House Shouldn’t Be Touting It
“Liberals”: Partisan or Principled?
- Obama (R-1%-CHI) Grants Chained CPI Social Security Benefit Cut Betrays America’s Trust!
Obama Budget: Administration Explains ‘Compromise Proposal’
Chained CPI is a Benefit Cut
Take Action: http://capwiz.com/ncpssm2/home/
* Chained CPI is a Benefit Cut
* Cuts to Medicare are not the answer – Letter to the Editor
* Do Not Cut Medicare for Deficit Reduction – Letter to the Editor
* Breaking the Social Security Glass Ceiling – Letter to the Editor
* Don’t Privatize the Medicare Benefits We’ve Earned
* Social Security Didn’t Cause our Budget Mess
* Don’t Cut Social Security and Medicare To Pay Down the Debt
* GOP Budget Wants to Turn Medicare Over to Private Insurance Companies
National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare
10 G Street NE Suite 600
Washington DC 20002
- Call your U.S. Senators and your Congressional Representative to say “Social Security hasn’t contributed to the deficit one cent. Leave Social Security alone!”
- Obama/Ernest Moniz Direct FAA to Impose NO-FLY ZONE over ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN Tar Sands Oil in ARKANSAS WITH ExxonMobil employee in charge
- Obama/Ernest Moniz – MIT/DOD – ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN Tar Sands Oil in MINNESOTA/ARKANSAS & Gas Industry
- Obama’s Proposed Energy Secretary, Ernest Moniz
- MIT/DOD, Immersed in Canadian Toxic Tar Sands Oil & Gas Industry
- Barack Obama (R-1%-CHI) HATES BLACK PEOPLE!
- Climate Changing At Unprecedented Rate, According To New Study
- Past Century’s Global Temperature Change Is Fastest On Record
- Papantonio: Time To Talk About Jeb Bush’s Disgusting Past (VIDEO)
- Obama’s Proposed Energy Secretary is Immersed in Oil & Gas Industry
- Call your U.S. Senators and your Congressional Representative to say “SCRAP THE CONSTITUTION”! If they say, it’s unconstitutional, say, “SO WHAT!” Say, “NO More ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN TAR SANDS OIL flowing in the United States!”
- FAA puts no-fly zone over Arkansas oil spill with Exxon employee in char
FAA puts no-fly zone over Arkansas oil spill with Exxon employee in charge
Obama’s Proposed Energy Secretary is Immersed in Oil & Gas Industry
Documents made public Friday show that Obama’s pick for Energy secretary, Ernest Moniz, was a consultant for BP from 2005 to 2012, and has numerous other ties to the oil and gas industry. The president’s choice has environmentalists expressing concern, particularly over his support for natural gas (hydraulic fracturing) and nuclear energy, and his involvement in the industry that he will be r… [more]
- ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN TAR SANDS OIL Spill in ARKANSAS: As Obama Ponders Fate of Keystone XL, Major ExxonMobil Toxic Canadian Tar Sands Oil Spill in Arkansas Is Major Warning for Risks We Face
- Bill McKibben talks about the significance of the ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIA TAR SANDS OIL Spill in ARKANSAS
- Barack Obama (R-1%-CHI) HATES BROWN PEOPLE!
- Obama (R-1%-CHI) Sneaks the Monsanto Protection Act to Protect Monsterous Genetically Modified Food Maize (Corn) After Promising GMO Labeling in 2007
- Stop Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Monstrous Monsanto Protection Act!
- Stand in Solidarity With 350
- Stop the Toxic Canadian Tar Sands Oil from entering U.S. (ExxonMobil’s TOXIC TAR SANDS OIL Spill in ARKANSAS)!
- STOP All Corrupt Canadian Keystone XL Projects (ExxonMobil’s TOXIC TAR SANDS OIL Spill in ARKANSAS)
- Stop Toxic Canadian Tar Sands Oil from entering Sovereign States and Dependent U.S.. territories in North America (ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN TAR SANDS OIL Spill in ARKANSAS)
- STOP Toxic Canadian Tar Sands Oil Spills 80,000-Gallons (ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN TAR SANDS OIL Spill in ARKANSAS)
- Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Keystone XL/BP/EXXXON
- Obama’s (R-1%) Monster Genetically Modified Food
- Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) & George W. Bush (R-1%-Cayman Islands) Policies Bankrupt U.S.
- The Monsanto Protection Act? A Debate on Controversial New Measure Over Genetically Modified Crops
- Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America from Monsanto to Wal-Mart – The Monsanto Protection Act? A Debate on Controversial New Measure Over Genetically Modified Crops
- (ExxonMobil’s TOXIC CANADIAN TAR SANDS OIL Spill in ARKANSAS): As Obama Ponders Fate of Keystone XL, Major ExxonMobil’S TOXIC CANAIDAN Oil Spill in Arkansas Is Major Warning for Risks We Face – Bill McKibben talks about the significance of the TOXIC CANADIAN TAR SANDS OIL SPILL ARKANSAS
- Papantonio: Privatization Push Killing Public Schools (VIDEO)
- Papantonio: DOJ Continues To Cave To Big Banks (VIDEO)
Papantonio: Privatization Push Killing Public Schools (VIDEO)
Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to discuss the Chicago education protests, and the general assault on public education by elected officials who wish to privatize our school systems in order to enrich their corporate friends.
Papantonio: Equal Protection Should Prove DOMA Unconstitutional (VIDEO)
Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks with progressive radio host Ed Schultz about the narrow-minded views of the U.S. Supreme Court, and how our democracy demands equal rights for all of our citizens.
Papantonio: DOJ Continues To Cave To Big Banks (VIDEO)
The following video is from the March 24th, 2013 episode of Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV (freespeech.org/ringoffire.) According to the Justice Department, the banks that crippled our economy are simply too big and too important to prosecute. Even with all of the evidence of how they stole from investors, defrauded the government, and illegally foreclosed on millions of homes, Eric Holder says they are untouchable. Mike Papantonio discusses Holder’s ridiculous claim with investigative journalist Brad Friedman (www.bradblog.com.)
Excessive Physician Workload Equates to Medical Malpractice
When clinical workload and patient numbers increase, does patient safety suffer? According to a recent article published by JAMA Internal Medicine, the answer is a clear and resounding YES! The article, based upon a survey of 506 responding hospital physicians, found that 40% of those surveyed felt their clinical workload exceeded safe levels. Moreover, the surveyed physicians also report… [more]
Climate Changing At Unprecedented Rate, According To New Study
Past Century’s Global Temperature Change Is Fastest On Record
Papantonio: Time To Talk About Jeb Bush’s Disgusting Past (VIDEO)
Jeb Bush, with his constant flip-flopping on the immigration issue, appears to be informally testing the waters for a presidential bid in 2016. We need to stop this campaign before it starts, so Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder dissect the ugly history of Jeb Bush.
- Papantonio: Time For Harry Reid To Step Down (VIDEO)
- $800 Billion Thrown Away On Iraq War
- CIA told Iraq had no active WMD
- Senate Democrats Need Stronger Leader Than Reid
- It’s Time To Prosecute Wall Street Criminals (VIDEO)
- Papantonio: Debt Ceiling Deal Could Be Disastrous For Social Security (VIDEO)
$800 Billion Thrown Away On Iraq War
CIA told Iraq had no active WMD
BBC reveals fresh evidence intelligence agencies dismissed intelligence from Iraqi minister and spy chief
Papantonio: Time For Harry Reid To Step Down (VIDEO)
Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to discuss the weak-willed Democratic leader of the Senate Harry Reid, and why, if he retains his leadership post, the Democrats will continue to lose battles against the Republican minority.
Papantonio: Senate Democrats Need Stronger Leader Than Reid (VIDEO)
Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz discuss the lack of strong leadership within the Democratic Party, especially from Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, and how without that leadership, Democrats will continue to be trounced by Republican opposition.
Papantonio: It’s Time To Prosecute Wall Street Criminals (VIDEO)
If a person in the US were to walk into a bank and demand the teller hand over all the cash in the place, he’d be in handcuffs before he could even make it to the door. But when the bank owner does the same thing, we help them out by giving them billions of dollars in bailout money. That scenario is what happened when bankers on Wall Street crashed our economy, and billions by pushing us into economic collapse. And no one has gone to jail. Mike Papantonio talks about why we’re so afraid to put bankers in handcuffs, and what we can do to help push the government towards taking action, with Dan Petegorsky, the campaign coordinator for the Campaign for a Fair Settlement.
Robert Kennedy, Jr., Arrested Standing Against Keystone XL Pipeline (VIDEO)
65% of Americans feel that climate change is a serious problem and many want the president to use his executive power to do something about it. Robert “Bobby” Kennedy, Jr., was arrested Wednesday along with other celebrities and protesters like Daryl Hannah, Julian Bond and Michael Brune after handcuffing themselves to fences outside the White House.
The protest was intended to increase awareness of the present threat posed by the Keystone XL pipeline. Plans for the pipeline were introduced in 2008 and since then environmental awareness groups have been successful in delaying its implementation and encouraging the rerouting of its planned path due to concerns over the safety and impact of the pipeline.
Papantonio: Papa Clinton Still Delivering Sound Advice (VIDEO)
Bill Clinton is hoping to rally House Democrats to stand up for the American people by remaining strong on the issue of gun control. Mike Papantonio joins Ed Schultz on MSNBC’s The Ed Show, along with Nation Magazine Washington correspondent John Nichols and Goldie Taylor from The Goldie Taylor Project, to talk about the need for Democrats to remain tough against the NRA.
Papantonio: Obama’s Drones Will Fly Over American Skies (VIDEO)
Mike Papantonio appears with Thom Hartmann on The Big Picture to discuss the dangers of drones that no one is talking about – the fact that, just like other weapon systems created in the United States, these things will end up in our enemies’ hands and be used against us.
Papantonio: Drones – Coming To A Backyard Near You (VIDEO)
The use of military drones overseas has received a lot of attention in the progressive media over the last year, but everyone has missed the fact that private corporations are beginning to sell and use drones here in America. Whether it is to provide surveillance along our borders, or keep an eye on activist groups, drones are becoming a cash cow for the arms industry, and the same companies who profited from our invasion of Iraq are now cashing in on the drone boom. Mike Papantonio discusses the domestic drone complex with author, pundit, and progressive icon Jim Hightower.
Papantonio: Obama Apologists Overlook Drone Killings (VIDEO)
Mike Papantonio appears on Viewpoint with John Fugelsang (Current TV) to discuss the use of unmanned drones in war zones. Also discussed in the segment is the President’s decision to provide the Senate with classified information from the Department of Justice that explains the Administration’s rationale for killing American citizens abroad.
Papantonio: Privatization Killing American Labor Movement (VIDEO)
Recently, bus drivers in New York took to the streets to protest a plan by officials to privatize school buses. This idea of privatization is popping up all over the country, as Republican-controlled legislatures and governors want to strip state employees of every union protection that they’ve earned over the years. Mike Papantonio discusses the recent strike and the push for privatization with Larry Hanley, the president of the Amalgamated transit union.
Papantonio: Debt Ceiling Deal Could Be Disastrous For Social Security (VIDEO)
- Barack obama (R-1%-CHI) HATES BROWN PEOPLE!
- Obama (R-1%-CHI) LEGACY ONE OF DECEIT AND CORRUPTION
- Stop the Monsanto Protection Act!
- Stand in Solidarity With 350 – Stop the Toxic Canadian Tar Sands Oil from entering U.S.!
- STOP All Corrupt Canadian Keystone XL Projects
- Stop Toxic Canadian Tar Sands Oil from entering Sovereign States and Dependent U.S.. territories in North America
- STOP Toxic Canadian Tar Sands Oil Spills 80,000-Gallons – Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Keystone XL/BP/EXXXON
- Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America from Monsanto to Wal-Mart
- As Obama Ponders Fate of Keystone XL, Major ExxonMobil Oil Spill in Arkansas Is Major Warning for Risks We Face
- Bill McKibben talks about the significance of the Arkansas spill.
The Monsanto Protection Act? A Debate on Controversial New Measure Over Genetically Modified Crops
President Obama outraged food activists last week when he signed into law a spending bill with a controversial rider that critics have dubbed the “Monsanto Protection Act.” The rider says the government must allow the planting of genetically modified crops even if courts rule they pose health risks. The measure has galvanized the U.S. food justice movement, which is now preparing for its next fight when the provision expires in six months. We host a discussion on the “Monsanto Protection Act” and the safety of genetically modified foods with two guests: Gregory Jaffe, director of the Biotechnology Project at the Center for Science in the Public Interest, a nonprofit consumer advocacy organization that addresses food and nutrition issues; and Wenonah Hauter, executive director of Food & Water Watch and author of the book, “Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America.” On Wednesday, Hauter’s group is releasing a major new report called “Monsanto: A Corporate Profile.” [includes rush transcript]
Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America from Monsanto to Wal-Mart
Wenonah Hauter, the executive director of Food & Water Watch, joins us to discuss her new book, “Foodopoly: The Battle Over the Future of Food and Farming in America.” Hauter tackles the corporations behind the meat, vegetables, grains and milk consumed by millions every day — including some of the most popular organic brands. “Foodopoly” details how a handful of large corporations control the nation’s food production in ways that limit how small-farms operate and how ordinary people make choices in grocery stores. And in the wake of the recently passed provision dubbed by critics as “the Monsanto Protection Act,” Hauter also discusses the new report by Food & Water Watch, “Monsanto: A Corporate Profile.” [Transcript to come. Check back soon.]
As Obama Ponders Fate of Keystone XL, Major ExxonMobil Oil Spill in Arkansas Is Major Warning for Risks We Face
Bill McKibben talks about the significance of the Arkansas spill.
- STOP Obama’S (R-1%-CHI) Monsanto Protection Act to Protect Monsterous Genetically Modified Food Maize (Corn)
350 Stand in Solidarity – Stop the Tar Sands!
Coloradans Protest Sen. Bennet’s Keystone XL Vote & Gov. Hickenlooper’s Tar Sands Trip
Stop the Monsanto Protection Act!
Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Signs Monsanto Protection Act Into Law After Promising GMO Labeling in 2007
With such a blatant and cocky act against the United States and its people, Monsanto has set itself up to fail.
Genetically modified food
A provison that protects the biotech giant from litigation passed Congress without many members knowing about it.
“MON 810″, a variety of genetically modified maize (corn) developed by Monsanto Company is pictured January 23, 2012. The agricultural giant posted a large increase in quarterly earnings on strong results in corn seed sales in the US and Latin America and
What Is the “Monsanto Protection Act,” and How Did It Sneak Into Law?
- David Stockman, Ex-Reagan Budget Director: George W. Bush’s Policies Bankrupt The Country
David Stockman, Ex-Reagan Budget Director: George W. Bush’s Policies Bankrupt The Country
- STOP All Corrupt Canadian Keystone XL Projects – Stop Canadian Toxic Tar Sands Oil – STOP Toxic Canadian Toxic Tar Sands Oil Spills 80,000-Gallons – Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Keystone XL/BP/EXXXON
- Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) Keystone XL ProjectCanadian Train Derails, Spilling 30,000 Gallons Of Crude In U.S.
Exxon cleans up Arkansas oil spill amid debate over Canada-to-US pipelines
Ruptured pipeline in Arkansas is second incident in a week and comes as US debates controversial Keystone XL project
Exxon Confirms 80,000-Gallon Spill Contains Canadian Tar Sands Oil
The 20-inch Pegasus pipeline was carrying Wabasca Heavy crude from western Canada when it ruptured.
- Minnesota Oil Spill: Canadian Train Derails, Spilling 30,000 Gallons Of Crude In U.S.
Minnesota Oil Spill: Canadian Train Derails, Spilling 30,000 Gallons Of Crude In U.S.
- Honduran Death Squad Police Aided By U.S.
- South of Mexico City Police Shoot and Wound two U.S. Embassy employees (CIA Operatives)
- Sources: U.S. Embassy Employees are CIA Operatives
- Time to Break Up the Telecom Industry
- Study: 253,000 US Guns Smuggled to Mexico Annually – Mexican Businessman, Filemon Garcia, On U.S. Kingpin List For Allegedly Laundering Money For The Zetas Cartel
- Sources: U.S. Embassy Employees are CIA Operatives – Time to Break Up the Telecom Industry
- Study: 253,000 US Guns Smuggled to Mexico Annually
- Mexican Businessman, Filemon Garcia, On U.S. Kingpin List For Allegedly Laundering Money For The Zetas Cartel
Honduran Police Aided By U.S. Despite Death Squad Fears – TEGUCIGALPA, Honduras
253,000 US Guns Smuggled to Mexico Annually, Study Finds
Treaty of Guadalupe, Racial Profiling, and CIA operatives in Mexico – Time to Break Up the Telecom Industry
No to Racial Profiling, No to Family Separation: Why I Crawled Underneath a Border Patrol Vehicle to Prevent an Immigrant Father’s Detention
The grassroots immigration movement is taking drastic action to call for an end to deportations.
Time to Break Up the Telecom Industry
Mexican Businessman, Filemon Garcia, On U.S. Kingpin List For Allegedly Laundering Money For The Zetas Cartel
Aug 24, 2012
Mexican police shoot and wound two U.S. Embassy employees, whom sources later identify as CIA operatives, just south of Mexico City.
Caption: In this Aug. 24, 2012, file photo, an armored U.S. embassy vehicle is checked by military personal after it was attacked by unknown assailants on the highway leading to the city of Cuernavaca, near Tres Marias, Mexico. (AP Photo/Alexandre Meneghini, File)
BREAKING: Monitoring of AP Phones a “Terrifying” Step in State Assault on Press Freedom – After Ríos Montt Verdict, Time for U.S. to Account for Its Role in Guatemalan Genocide – Nobel Laureate Rigoberta Menchú Hails Genocide Conviction of Ex-Guatemalan Dictator Ríos Montt – More Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) ‘embedded form of racial preferments!’
Chris Hedges: Monitoring of AP Phones a “Terrifying” Step in State Assault on Press Freedom
Nobel Laureate Rigoberta Menchú Hails Genocide Conviction of Ex-Guatemalan Dictator Ríos Montt
Allan Nairn: After Ríos Montt Verdict, Time for U.S. to Account for Its Role in Guatemalan Genocide
- Mistaken Benghazi claim came from CIA, emails show
- Benghazi furor won’t keep Susan Rice out of the White House, Obama’s (R-1%-CHI) ‘embedded form Of racial preferment!’
- Dr. Anne Hendershott, a devout Catholic and a noted sociologist, professor and author, Claims IRS Audited Her After Speaking Out Against Obama and Demanded to Know Who Was Paying Her
- Q & A: Your one-stop guide to the IRS tea-party ‘scandal’ [video chat]
- GOP Rep. ‘Not Willing’ to Take Obama Impeachment Off The Table
- Holder Defends Monitoring of AP Phone Records
Holder Defends Monitoring of AP Phone Records
Faith – Dr. Anne Hendershott, a devout Catholic and a noted sociologist, professor and author, Claims IRS Audited Her After Speaking Out Against Obama and Demanded to Know Who Was Paying Her
Q & A: Your one-stop guide to the IRS tea-party ‘scandal’ [video chat]
Mistaken Benghazi claim came from CIA, emails show
White House emails show confusion and intense negotiations among CIA and other agencies after the attack in Benghazi, Libya.
Benghazi furor won’t keep Susan Rice out of the White House, ‘embedded form Of racial preferment!’
GOP Rep. ‘Not Willing’ to Take Obama Impeachment Off The Table
Anti Nuclear Protest EVERY MONDAY 18h Office Prime minister of Belgium Elio Di Rupo
Anti Atom Demo JEDEN MONTAG 18h Office Eerste Minister van België Elio Di Rupo
Manif Anti Nucléaire chaque lundi 18h Office Premier Ministre de Belgique
- 8865 Cracks Nuclear Power Plant Doel-3, 2030 Cracks Nuclear Power Plant Tihange-2
- 8865 fissures Centrale Nucléaire Doel-3, 2030 fissures Centrale Nucléaire Tihange-2
HELLO!! DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THIS SATURDAY’S PROTEST AGAINST THE ZIMMERMAN VERDICT WILL BE HELD IN SAN FRAN? PLEASE REPLY!! I’M BLIND OUT HERE IN SACRAMENTO AND HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING!!
Where the hell is “Bradley Manning Plaza”? I live in SF, and want to participate, but you guys make it very difficult to know what is going on ahead of time. I’m poor, old, and fed up, and if you guys act like the major corporations who insulate themselves from accountability and contact by using technology, you make yourself as worthless as they are. Let me know where this place is. I like Bradley Manning, but Google maps doesn’t know where it is